Buliran is aprogressive barrio situated in the eastern part of Tiaong, Quezon and boundedby the municipality of Padre Garcia,Batangas. Its history was unknown to the knowledge of many of its residents.This was formerly known as Buliran, a barrio covered with a thick cogon andburi trees. The pioneers of the place were the westerners or Batanguenos whowitnessed its prestige and later on cultivated and tilled its Virgin andfertile land.
It was alsoduring that time when a family of bandits came and bowed horror among thehearts of inhabitants. These bandits was headed by Kulas Igat who was the Hell.This notorious bandits and followers often raided San Pablo,Laguna, Tiaong and Candelaria, Quezon and San Juanand Rosario inBatangas. The creation of San Antonio as aseparate district and independent town from Tiaong was embodied in ExecutiveOrder 270 Series of 1957 issued on Oct. 4, 1957 by President Carlos P. Garciathru the suggestion of Fr. Calixto Jamilla, the newly created town waschristened San Antonio.